TRIGONOMETRY ROLLER COASTER PROJECT
Function world wants the latest and greatest in stomach turning rides. You are hired to be the creator of their newest roller coaster! To compete with the world's best, Function World are requiring that the new coaster has the following design features:
- At least 5 changes in functions - 3 distinct functions must be used from the list as sections of the ride: Sine, Cosine, Tangent, Cosecant, Secant, Cotangent, Inverse Sine, Inverse Cosine, Inverse Tangent, Archimedean, Rose, Limacon, Cardioid, and Lemniscate.
- So that the rollercoaster will be a seamless ride for its passengers, all functions must connect. This will require phase shifts and vertical displacements.
- The ride must be thrilling! At least 3 functions must include an amplitude other than 1.
- NOTE: The design will not use the full domain of each function. Record each functions restricted domain.
- The final design must:
* Be presented with all parts on construction paper or poster board.
* Include the graph of the roller coaster.
* Include the equations of each function used - indexed and including the restricted domains.
* Have a catchy name for the ride.
Header Image Site: https://images3.alphacoders.com/167/167999.jpg